Scott P. Olson
Mr. Olson has been a strong advocate for the wireless communications industry since the mid-1990s. He has successfully represented international tower companies and FCC licensed communications carriers in numerous communities throughout the state of New York in connection with obtaining necessary land use and zoning approvals for wireless communications facilities. He has also represented telecommunications clients involving various mergers and acquisition projects.
Significant representations include:
- Securing right-to-build permits and approvals for more than 3,100,000 square feet of commercial development in upstate New York, including expansion of Carousel Center and Crossgates Mall, regional shopping centers.
- Preparation and negotiation of comprehensive purchase contracts, commercial leases and land exchange agreements with Mobil Oil Corporation, Sun Company, Inc. and Citgo Petroleum, Inc., involving heavily contaminated properties historically used as regional bulk petroleum storage and terminal facilities in Syracuse, New York.
- Provided comprehensive legal counsel to a large commercial developer in connection with municipal condemnation proceedings involving Eminent Domain Procedure Law ("EDPL") proceedings. Represented developer before municipal and judicial tribunals regarding EDPL proceedings.
Mr. Olson's practice involves regular appearances before local municipal boards and agencies in furtherance of obtaining necessary right to build permits and approvals for clients. As a land use and zoning attorney, Mr. Olson has substantial experience reviewing and preparing Draft and Final Environmental Impact Statements, Findings Statements and various documents required by the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act ("SEQRA").
Areas of Practice
- Land Use and Zoning
- Environmental Law
- Real Estate Development
- New York, 1994
- Albany Law School Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D. (Cum Laude) - 1993
- State University of New York at Geneseo, Geneseo, New York
- B.S. (Cum Laude)
- Major: Biology
- Minor: Chemistry
- Verizon Wireless
- Wireless Communications-Environmental Issues, New York State Wireless Association, 2008
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, Upstate Rugby Union of New York Academic Athlete of the Year Award, 1987 - 1988
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Wireless Association, Board of Directors
- Alliance for Clean Energy New York, Inc.
- Albany County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association