Brett D. French is an associate at Cooper Erving & Savage LLP.
Mr. French is admitted to practice in New York State, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Northern District of New York, and the District of Vermont.
Mr. French primarily focuses his practice in the areas of general civil and commercial litigation, student misconduct and Title IX legal defense, and personal injury actions. Mr. French handles matters ranging from civil and commercial litigation, to personal injury actions, to real property disputes and zoning and municipal law matters, to representing individuals and groups in cases involving alleged student misconduct and/or Title IX issues at universities and colleges. Mr. French has also developed a burgeoning commercial collections practice.
Mr. French is originally from the Capital District, growing up in Rotterdam, New York, and graduating from Mohonasen High School. After high school, Mr. French attended Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts, where Mr. French studied theoretical economics and political science. After completing his undergraduate education, Mr. French attended Syracuse University College of Law, and graduated cum laude. While in law school, Mr. French was very involved in the College of Law’s Moot Court Honor Society, serving on the Executive Board and participating in several in-house competitions. Mr. French also was a member of multiple law journals, and served on the executive board of the Journal of Science and Technology.
In Mr. French’s free time, Mr. French enjoys playing golf, hiking, enjoying the outdoors, and being with friends and family.
- Commercial and Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury and Products Liability Law
- Higher Education Law, Student Misconduct, and Title IX Legal Defense
- Real Property Disputes, Municipal Law and Zoning Law
- Commercial and Large Volume Consumer Collections
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
J.D. cum laude
Honors: Justinian Honorary Law Society
Honors: Moot Court Honor Society (Executive Board)
Honors: Dean’s Merit Scholarship
Law Review: Syracuse Journal of Science and Technology, Executive Board
Law Review: Impunity Watch Law Journal
- Stonehill College, Easton, Massachusetts
B.A., Bachelor of Arts
Honors: Dean’s List
Major: Political Science
- New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court of Vermont
- New York State Bar Association
- Executive Committee Member, New York State Bar Association, Trial Lawyers Section
- Top rated civil litigation attorney, selected as a Rising Star, by Super Lawyers in 2019