Matthew E. Minniefield is an associate at Cooper Erving & Savage LLP where he focuses his litigation practice in banking and creditor’s rights, labor and employment, tax certiorari, and immigration law.
Prior to joining Cooper Erving & Savage, Mr. Minniefield was an associate at an Albany law firm focusing on corporate law and commercial real estate matters. Before that, Mr. Minniefield was a Senior Court Attorney at the New York State Court of Appeals where he drafted comprehensive reports for the Judges of the Court analyzing the pertinent statutes, regulations, and case law, and recommended whether to grant, deny, or dismiss leave in civil motions for leave to appeal. He also drafted memorandum opinions for civil appeals selected for sua sponte merits disposition.
During law school, Mr. Minniefield worked as a law clerk for Cooper Erving & Savage where he prepared diverse memoranda, pleadings, and dispositive motions for partners involving banking law, tax certiorari, personal injury, employment discrimination, environmental issues, landlord tenant, and premise liability. Mr. Minniefield was the Managing Editor of the Western New England Law Review and a national finalist in the ABA Negotiation Moot Court Competition.
- Creditor’s Rights
- Labor and Employment
- Tax Assessment
- Commercial Litigation
- Western New England University School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2017
Managing Editor, Law Review
National Finalist, ABA Negotiation Moot Court
- University at Albany, Albany, New York
Bachelor of Arts, 2012
- New York, 2018
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Immigration Law—Mixed Feelings on Mixed Petitions to Reopen Removal Proceedings: The Necessity behind Requiring a Test to Determine Applicability of the Changed Country Conditions Exception, 39 W. NEW ENG. L. REV. 69 (2017)